Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Zoom Zoom Zoom

I feel like life the last 3 months has zoomed by! Ellie started 1st grade yesterday--WIERD-- My baby girl is getting so big. She really loves school.

I had to stop and think about what we have done over the summer. There were big trips to Myrtle beach and Kentucky horse park. There were small trips to the pool and the free movies. Of course there was Joey's wedding which was last weekend--wow really we have zoomed through these last few months. I guess it seems like we are always so busy and I forget to stop and enjoy the memories. Good thing I have taken lots of pictures to scrapbook and hopefully preserve those memories.

I have decided that my love for blogging is more of an infatuation(love that word) with other people. I spend at least 15 min. a day reading other blogs, but for some reason I have the hardest time posting on my own blog. This is not some new found knowledge, it's just that I can address it now since I think I may know the underlying cause.

First off I have been reading this book--no not Harry Potter-- it's Take Two Chocolates And Call Me In The Morning: 12 Semi-Practical Solutions For The Really Busy Mom by Emily Watts.

This is a wonderful book that has made me realize some things--I probably should have known anyway, but for some reason the way she explains things is wonderful. So to get to the point, in the book is an analogy(I think that's what it's called) titled "swallow your fears and just get in the pool". This is a hilarious story about how the author was in Vegas on a trip and she really wanted to go swimming. She got in her swimming suit and since she forgot her cover-up just put on jeans and a t-shirt to go down to the pool. When she got to the pool to have her much anticipated swim, she was hesitant since she was much bigger and whiter than those sitting around the pool. She feared what the others would think of this "..middle-aged, cellulite-ridden woman with phosphorescent thighs.." After much deliberation she decided that all those other people were concerned about was themselves, and she got in the pool.

So, I related this to myself and decided that in order to rid myself of fear in any occasions I need to just "jump in the pool". With that said I have to confess that I stress over what people think of me. Probably others don't think about me as much as I think they do, however due to this"insecurity" I am a perfectionist. I know I know I didn't have to tell you that, but after reading this book I decided that it is my own fault and I HAD the desire to try and let go of that a little. I'm sure you're wondering why I am rambling about this. It is because I do it with this blog--the perfectionist thing-- and I don't post because I stress over what to write and that I think I have to post a picture --yada yada yada! The warning is watch out people because I am going to "jump in the pool" so to speak.

Now this was my attitude this morning after reading this book and before I did my daily stalker ritual of reading blogs. I happened upon this --if you go to the post on Thursday, August 2 read all the way through you will see my name and understand why I am back to my original ways(lol). Yes I know you are probably thinking I have done this all to myself and I have you are right. For now it is just who I am--does anyone want a good book?
Here you go a picture Ellie took that is to satisfy the picture for each post theory. And just to prove my imperfections in this bad picture of me! (my fault not Ellie's--I love that she likes to take pictures)

2 comments:

andrea said...

What a great post. It was real and personal. I think that's what makes things great. Just like Mia's choreography. I can't wait to see the splash....metaphorically speaking. doesn't make any sense does it? (my splash metaphor):)

Anonymous said...

Wow - Ellie takes great photos!